Our Story

Giovanni Antonio Gammarelli, started their business back in 1798, under the pontificate of Pius VI, as a Tailor at the service of the Roman clergy. It passed to his son Philip, and then to the latter’s son, Hannibal, and in 1874 he moved the tailoring business to Santa Chiara Street 34, in the Palazzo della Pontificia Accademia Ecclesiastica.

With the death of Hannibal his sons Bonaventura and Joseph called the firm Hannibal Gammarelli. The  company is now known throughout Italy the Church and the world. Today the Tailoring is managed  by Hannibal, son of Bonaventure, the sixth generation of Massimiliano Gammarelli, Lorenzo and Stefano Paulo. Stefano will be in London and Birmingham in October.